McDonough Road Baptist Church strives to support the local community of Fayette and all of the surrounding counties.
Part of what a local church is all about is serving the local community. We are fortunate to have several strong Christian based orginaztions in our community that are designed to assist and support those in need. MRBC openly assists and supports these ministries through time, talent, donations, and effort. Please take time to review these ministires and consider assisting them however the Lord leads.
- Fayette Samaritans is a Christian ministry serving those in need in Fayette County. They provide food from their food pantry, clothing and financial assistance for selected emergency needs.
- They were chartered in 1991 with representatives from 11 Fayette County churches to assess and coordinate the critical needs of residents who may not qualify for assistance from other agencies.
- Fayette Samaritans is primarily supported by over 45 member churches that provide daily support of this ministry. Fayette Samaritans is housed in their own 2400 square foot facility located on Hickory Road behind the Fayetteville Christian Church.
Pregnancy Resource Center of Fayette:
- The Pregnancy Resource Center of Fayette has been operating since May of 1994.
- The staff consists of a director and an administrative assistant. The day-to-day operation is done by a team of over 20 volunteers.
- A clothes closet on the premises helps the moms and moms-to-be with a full-range of services, meeting both material and educational needs.
- The Center is a private Christian organization, which receives no state or federal funds. They operate totally on donations from churches, individuals, and businesses.
Square Foot Ministry
- Square Foot Ministry is a Christian based home repair and construction ministry located in Fayette County Georgia. Their goal is to serve the Lord our God through serving those in need. Their Board of Directors, friends and volunteers come from all denominations of faith and walks of life.
- The ministry provides an opportunity for people to put their faith and love into action. Diverse groups of people work together to make affordable housing and better communities a reality for everyone, creating a community where bonds between individuals can grow.
- The ministry works with the local community to identify families and non-profit organizations that can benefit from the ministry. When a need is identified a plan is formulated to meet that need through the combined efforts of the ministry members, local churches and volunteers in the area.
- The ministry's ultimate goal is to employ God's gifts of resources, talents, and wisdom for the purpose of providing shelter and home repairs for the needy in Fayette County and surrounding areas.