Providing the Best Sports Experience for Every Child
We believe that God is at work all around us
We believe that how we live is more important that what we say
We believe that it is a privilege to serve others
We believe in exceeding expectations
We believe that EVERY child is a WINNER
- 2017 Upward Flag Football & Cheerleading
- Open to all boys and girls grades K5 - 8
- Brochures available from the church office, online (below) or in the Church Courtyard.
- Registration cost is $90 per child and includes a uniform. Discounts available for multiple children - see online registration. Just click on the Upward logo below to register online.
- You can also register onsite at MRBC from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday or at the evaluations.
- Everyone must attend one evaluation session at the MRBC fields and gym. They will be held between 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, July 31
- Thursday, August 3
- Uniforms will be fitted at the evaluation, and cleats are recommended for flag football.
- All Players should be K5 through 8th Grade
- Detailed schedules will be distributed to the teams at the start of the season.
- Practices typically take place once a week on Monday evenings.
- Practice Dates: August 21, 28
- September 11, 18, 25
- Games are played on Saturday mornings.
- Game Dates: August 19, 26
- September 5, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Final game of season - October 2
- Awards Celebration - September 30
We also offer
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading: Winter 2018 - Evaluations begin October 16, 2017
- Upward Soccer: Spring 2018 - Evaluations begin February 20, 2018
About Upward Sports
Winning is about so much more than the final score.
Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality found in many children sports leagues.
Because we believe that family time is important, Upward Sports has a schedule that reflects this with a one-hour practice and a one-hour game per week.
- More than 65% of children say they participate in sports to be with friends
- One top reason why children say they participate in sports: to have fun and to improve their skills
- Top reasons children quit playing organized sports include:
- Not having fun
- The coach played favorites
- Too much emphasis is placed on competition
- Frustration with not getting to play
To find out more about Upward Sports please visit www.upward.org